July 8, 2012

Dear Morning Sickness...I welcome you.

As Salaamu Aalaykum.

Morning sickness has been my constant companion, all day, every day for a little over 2 months now. On the one hand I can barely get anything done but on the other hand I've previously had a miscarriage so I prefer morning sickness to that. :) Alhamdulillah.

btw midwife suspected twins but so far only one baby and one heartbeat. Alhamdulillah.

I've never had morning sickness this bad and I've lost about 12lbs due to it. I only threw up once because I try EVERYTHING not to but subhanaAllah I'm still losing weight.

May Allah swt grant me complete shifaa from all that is ailing me, may the pregnancy be a healthy one and may the baby or babies be born healthy and to term. If they have any deficiencies may it be healed. AMEEN. I ask the same for all the pregnant women of the world. AMEEN.

Wa Salaam,

6 comments:

LK said...

If you want to tone down the nausea try anything with ginger. I recommend ginger candies or gingerale. If its not strong enough half a teaspoon of powered ginger chased with water works surprisingly well. If you want the ginger candy you can get it at most Asian groceries. Amazing stuff.

Modestly Me said...

:D this makes me really happy sis alhamdulilah! "enjoy" that morning sickness!! <3

.::Tuttie::. said...

@lk. OOHHHH ginger candies! I dislike ginger but I'll try the candy. :)

@Modestly Me. Alhamdulillah. :D

.::Tuttie::. said...

Interesting, yesterday I fasted both as a test run for Ramadan as well as making up a fast. And guess what? NO MORNING SICKNESS! Alhamdulilllah.

AlabasterMuslim said...

Ameen to your dua!!! And ive heard candy 'gingins' work wonderfully. Ive been doing my fasting practice runs too alhamdullilah and my milk doesnt seem to be effected soo inshallah everything will go well. Thanks for the support on the fasting :)

Candice said...

I was on something called diclectin for my pregnancy and it really helped me feel practically normal. At least I was able to feed myself and the baby well.

I read that it's unavailable in the USA but can be reproduced by taking vitamin B6 and unisom sleeptabs. You might want to check with your doctor about it because it really gave me a life and was also probably the best thing for the baby since I was able to eat well.

Followers