May 12, 2012

I've been written off

As Salaamu Aalaykum,

I'm sad. I *think* I've been written off as a friend. I tried reaching out to a person who used to be one of my close friends and nothing. She wont respond online or pick up my calls. I don't know what happened but she appears to be doing the same to another person and I think this friendship may be over.

A few weeks ago I found out she had been diagnosed with MS and I walked about 6 miles with my 2 toddlers to see her in the hospital. I was calling the whole time and she didn't pick up when I showed up with my orange (I was broke so I couldn't afford transportation hence why I walked and I couldn't buy her a gift so I offered her an orange instead). Her response was, "that's why you were calling because you were coming"

So what to do?

3 comments:

Purple Pyro said...

Hi! That's really sad :/ I think it will have meant a lot to her that you went to such great lengths to see her, but she might just be struggling to come to terms with it. It's a life changing diagnosis, after all, and progressive too. I don't know how I'd cope with that, but I can certainly see me distancing myself from people. If I were you, I'd just send a text saying you're there if she needs you. That way the ball's in her court for when she does want to talk.

...Hope that helps! :|

.::Tuttie::. said...

@Purple Pyro. that actually does help. Thank you.

Andahlucya. said...

My former SIL was diognozed with it in about 79 and God has been restoring her in a amazing way since 07,so you can try to call your friend to give her the good news to brighten her day up,I pray she will pick up this time for you.

Followers