May 22, 2012

I live down the street from a violent rapist

As Salaamu Aalaykum,
Apparently last night a man that lives on my street brutally attacked a young woman and raped her. He was caught mid act and took off running still trying to keep his pants up.  SubhanaAllah!

May the victim heal and overcome this trauma. AMEEN
This has been unsettling for me, as a survivor of rape and a severe case of social anxiety that I only just got a hold on this freaks me out. The rape occurred near a street I walk with my toddlers on our daily walks. I'm back to NOT wanting to set foot outside my house but I can't let this affect my kids. :/  What to do?

3 comments:

Mai to the Extreme said...

Wa alaykum as salaam wa Rahmat Allah wa Barakatuh Tutster my sweet!

What to do? You trust in ALLAH. You no longer live in fear of people, but only in fear of Allah's displeasure and punishment. Your total trust in Allah, tawakkal, is your shield from evil and harm. Your dua', your recitation of ayat al kursy, etc. are all the weapons you need.

And in case you want to tie your camel, carry one of those nice little things my husband bought me in your handbag - a retractable steel baton - just in case. I have never had to use it though, because Allah is our ONLY protector.

Love and hugs!

AlabasterMuslim said...

Asalaamu alaikum
Aw i am so sorry :( that is so horrible that poor woman :(. Ameen @ your dua!!
I have to agree with Mai- Allah subhana wa t'ala is your protector, and mace can come in handy too!!
So can a baton which I also own.
May Allah subhana wa ta'ala keep us and our loved ones out of harm's way.

SimplyMe said...

Asthaqfirullah!

Followers