May 10, 2012

Don't mess with me or you'll bound to get a du'a

As Salaamu Aalaykum,


I don't own a tv any more as most of whats on is GARBAGE and instead choose to watch my fave shows (or discover new ones) online, although not as often as I used to. News shows? Most of it is sensationalism anyway and the current boogey man is Islam. So if it is important enough my fb newsfeed will get flooded by it and then I'll look in to it.  Before I used to watch too much news and would end up mad, feeling sick and ready to have a panic attack. Not worth my time or sanity. So when I read that Islamophobe hatterati (<-new word I learned) are plotting and plotting against Muslims using whatever straws they over reach for I don't get mad or depressed or anxious any more. I can't control what they do so why stress it?

Alhamdulillah there are people better suited than I to deal with them and frankly its not in me to engage such people. What I do, however, is make CRAZY amounts of dua during most of the du'a windows when du'as are most likely to get accepted.  I've been keeping track of my du'as on a du'a list and I check them off when they've been accepted. So far I have a really high number of accepted du'as and my husband likes to say, "you know when someone gets EVERYTHING they want it usually means they are going to die soon."

H A T E R .

So back to my du'as, I read an article about some of the major Islamophobes holding conferences against us and instead of protesting those people as it will just give them traffic and who wants to do that?  I make du'a for them here is the current one
May all those who attended the conferences, promoted, sponsored or learned about these conferences and their entire families and communities be granted hidayat from now until the day of judgment. AMEEN.

I also read today that there had been plans to destroy Mecca and Medinaa among other civilian targets and there were courses being taught by the same famous Islamophobes that were influencing US and military policy. So while that would have almost burst a blood vessel before I instead made the following du'a
 May we all be kept safe from all those who wish us harm and may they all be granted hidayat. EVERY SINGLE person who was involved in the creation of these courses and others similar to it, propagators, proponents, financiers and distributors, their families and communities be granted hidayat from now until the day of judgment. AMEEN.May every single person who comments on these types of articles and others like it, their families and communities be granted hidayat and may they all become an asset to the Haqq. AMEEN
 We all have different things we are interested and are passionate about and while I am not interested in politics and prefer more social service topics I do take the time to make du'a for them. If my du'a gets accepted then a large number of people will enter Islam or something even better will be give OR it will be answered in the hereafter. Win, win, win scenario for me.


Alhamdulillah for dua.


 ps, my dua's cover a broad range of topics so this is just a sample of one. 




wa Salaam.

2 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Asalaamu alaikum,
Ameeeeen! To your dua's!! So I love writing my dua's down, but for some reason I felt guilty doing it. Honestly idk why... I mean how many of Prophet Muhammed's sallallahu alayhi wasallam's dua's have been written down?? I love the idea and it helps me stay enthusiastic as I love writing anyway.

How is the home schoolin going!?? And the cloth diaperig? Every turn I make people are putting me down for it, including exclusively breastfeeding. It's not making me stop though LOl alhamdullilah my husband is soooo supportive!! I know that was random but yeah just wondering how you are doing :)

Wasalaam

.::Tuttie::. said...

wa aalaykum as salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

I started writing my du'as down as an exercise of thankfulness because I kept thinking, "WHY ARE MY DU'AS NOT BEING ANSWERED?" When they were I just had forgotten the du'as I'd made. Another reason was that whenever a du'a window would open up like when it rains, on Friday after Asr, during the last 3rd of the night or before iftar I would blank out when I had to make du'a so I would always end up making the same tired du'as.

So now I have a list and I keep making them. Once a du'a gets answered I cross it out and it was a nice visual reminder. I don't do it because I think there is reward in writing them down. I'm just forgetful sometimes specially when I'm hungry. Know what I mean?

About the cloth diapering I'm still doing it for my daughter who is 20 months and its easier now then ever before. I went through a lot of trial and error so my system is customized to work great for my family, alhamdulillah. I breastfed my son until he was 24 months and some change old and I intend on doing the same for my daughter. bi'ithnillah.

People will ALWAYS have an opinion about parenting and how it 'should' or 'shouldn't' be done so don't stress it.

About homeschooling a homeschooling veteran told me I should make a road map of what I want accomplished and use that framework when I get criticism. Does it further my goal with my kids? yes? take it. No? ignore it. That way you don't go crazy at the sometimes contradicted advice.

How are you doing with your family?

Followers