March 8, 2012

Answering ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ Anyone? o.O ...nafsi! nafsi!

Bismilllah,
I saw the following status update being passed around in my circle of friends and I wanted to share it with you all. When I read "call people to the Quran and Sunnah and not to bother with their doubts and whims" I cringed. WHY NOT?! WE SHOULD confront those doubts and dispel them. However, after some time to cool off I agree somewhat with it.
There are so many bad ideas and doubts. Life is too short to answer it all and it harms more than benefits. The correct methodology is to call people to the Quran and Sunnah and not to bother with their doubts and whims. The heart is easily affected and one must protect it to preserve it from change. Most of those who went astray were those who were over confident. The Prophet salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam forbade us from facing the Dajjal when he comes out, fearing that one will follow him due to the tribulations that he brings with him. Allah says: “then sit not with them, until they engage in a talk other than that; (but if you stayed with them) certainly in that case you would be like them”. How many went astray and were indulged in acts of hypocrisy and doubts unknowingly due to listening to falsehood? -Assim Alhakeem
There was a brother (don't remember his name, screen name or anything else--nor do I want to remember, please don't post his information--) but he used to make videos tearing down people who'd left Islam. I watched ONE of his videos because it happened to be about a friend of mine who had left Islam. He was very harsh, delineating how they were never Muslim to begin with since their views weren't Islamic from the get go etc. A few months after posting that video he also left Islam and created a video about it (the same ones he would mock & tear up before) but I didn't watch it. After all those videos appearing so strong and sure of his beliefs he left. inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiuun.

Anyway my point is that I feel comfortable in my Islam and am willing to share my love for it to others but don't feel the need to go through every post on every blog and forum to defend Islam. I make du'a for the world. I truly want for them what I want for myself but I wont beat anyone into submission. I'm to relay the message and the recipient is to do with it as she pleases.  InshaAllah it is well received.

That's all folks!

ps, May we and all those who have strayed be granted hidayat and brought back to the haqq until the day of judgment. AMEEN

wa SALAAM!

pps, btw just so there are no misunderstanding I DO NOT know who Assim Alhakeem is. I found his status update interesting and wanted to reference him so I can remember where I got it from. It doesn't mean I know the person or condone ALL of their behavior.

No comments:

Followers