June 3, 2011

This is gross but am compelled to share....

Click on the picture to enlarge

LET ME EXPLAIN! When my daughter was a newborn we had a poopy diaper EXPLOSION and while I changed her the above pants got lost in the mess.  BIG MESS.  So yesterday while I was going through bags of clothes in storage, I found them, cringed and hoped no one else saw them. EWWW.  Anyway, that kind of set in stain was going to be hard to remove and I am not keen on clorox, so I used the sun.

The first picture shows the stain after I rubbed water in and scrubbed a little. The second shows after it has been in the sun for about 2-3 hours and the last after almost 6 hrs in the sun.  There is still some very minimal staining and I think I will use something like oxyclean (unless I hear is super toxic) to remove the rest.  Over all the sun is TOO COOL! mashaAllah. Had the stain been from the same day the sun removes it COMPLETELY subhanaAllah.

I only get sun from sunrise to dhuhr so the pictures have different lighting that I didn't think off until much later so there is a lighting discrepancy. 


I know its gross but take in to consideration that I have been sick, the miscarriage and having a newborn as well as toddler things got lost in the mix. GROSS. but it happens.

2 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Wow Subhanallah I didn't know the sun could take out stains like that! It makes sense now because I'm always wondering how the clothes I clean by hand stay as bright as they do (they are hung up outside too).
Well, except for the grease stains in the work shirts but those were monthss old before I started washing by hand.

Iman (Lifes Balance Beam) said...

if you're apposed to bleach, oxygen powder (similar to oxy clean but more pure) is the bomb!! You can usually find it at health food stores,or on amazon i'm sure.

Followers