February 1, 2011

Had to go to the hospital :(

As Salaamu Aalaykum!

so yesterday I was overwhelmed with CRAZY amounts of pain.  At first I toughed it out like I usually do but then every time I would "control" the pain it would increase and increase.  It got to the point that I could no longer handle the pain and it occurred to me, my mom had an ectopic pregnancy around this age so I freaked.  It was 1 AM and I woke my husband so he could take me to the hospital.  Alhamdulillah he got the children ready and off we went.

The hospital was PACKED and when I was admitted there was blood on the floor NEXT to my bed. EWW.  Honestly though I didn't care because the pain was just too much. After hours of waiting and blood coming out of me I was seen by a doctor.  AND I got the usual "we know SOMETHING is CLEARLY wrong with you, however, we can't figure it out at this time, your kidneys are awesome (me: mashaAllah), no ovarian cyst like we suspected, no kidney stone like we suspected".   Its 2003 all over again.

I was hospitalized every semester in college for a couple of days at at time because I had stopped breathing and there was some kind of reoccurring kidney infection even though I pass all the tests they ran on me. I got a shot of some pain relief (IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME!) and finally some antibiotic.  I was given a pelvic exam which was not pleasant, ultrasounds to determine if it was an ectopic pregnancy, both my kidneys and uterus were also scanned. nothing.

They were thorough and I don't think they are incompetent but thus far no solution to my "illnesses" that strike every so often. It has been about  6 yrs since the last time I was holding my sides like I did yesterday.  Today was also my launch date for my hijab store but I am going to continue working on it and inshaAllah I can launch it in the next couple of days.

In the meantime I am all drugged up...make du'a for my daughter that the drugs I am taking don't negatively affect her. AMEEN.


May Allah swt grant me complete shifaa from all that is ailing me. AMEEN.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Essalam Alaikum, May Allah give you a cure my sister! I had this problem for over a year until they figured out it was gallstones. Did you scan your gallbladder?

.::Tuttie::. said...

@Jennifer. I don't think they scanned it but that is a good suggestion as i begin to feel the pain returning. inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajiuun.

.::Tuttie::. said...

@Sara. AMEEN to your du'as. I was making du'a

I seek refugee in Allah from the mischief of the pain that I feel and fear. AMEEN

.::Tuttie::. said...

@Al. I don't think so but am sure the stress didn't help. AMEEN to your dua's.

.::Tuttie::. said...

ameen! PLEASE do Mai as I would love to apply.

Followers