December 18, 2010

I just got played!

my husband went to work today and left me with a wailing toddler in our room "BAABAAA! BAAABAAAAA!" I actually fell a sleep after fajr so I have only slept for 2 or so hours.  I got up told him in no uncertain terms he needed to stop that right now. He did.  Maybe the fact that he had been "crying" for nearly 15 minutes and there were no tears on his face nor was it remotely pink should have given me heads up. but Alas, I was a zombie! I go back under the covers and I hear "MAAAMIIII! MAAAAAAMIIIIII!! FOOOOOOOOOOOOD!"  Call it parental guilt or what have you I got up because the poor boy asked for food.

Just because I decided stupidly to stay awake so I can prepare for fasting today doesn't mean he has to pay for my poor judgment.  I get up and stumble towards the door, my bladder informing me that if I didn't make it to the bathroom I was gonna have to explain to my toddler why Mami peed in a spot he is not allowed to pee in.  When I left the bathroom and started rummaging in the fridge for my sons food, his grandfather comes by and tells me "Oh, JUST fed him a couple of minutes ago."

well played son, well played.  Now am here typing in my blog with a couple of hours of sleep and my sleep is gone.  I am still tired and my newborn (who is actually 3 months today! mashaAllah) keeps looking at me all dewey eye and excited, like she and I are gonna be playing something....My son's aunt took  pity on him for wailing and is right now taking care of him. Normally I wouldn't let this slide by or it becomes a bigger ordeal later but I am just too physically and mentally tired to deal with it right now.  I know that by taking the easy way today I will have to pay hard later.  Habits start somewhere and today I got played.

ahhhh Alhamdulillah.

2 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Asalaamu Alaikum! Mashallah your son and daughter sound uber adorable :)

ZORRO said...

You poor thing!!! I get that ALL the time... Our children KNOW US perfectly.. and they will do anything for attention!! I wish I had a sister-in-law or grandparents 'handy' for when I need to take rest.. Count yourself amongst the fortunate ones to have family/friends around at times!! NOw... GOT TO SLEEP!! ;D

Followers