October 22, 2010

I think I may have a problem...

"you are cordially invited an official meeting of Facebook Over-Users Anonymous. We meet here 24 hours a day; 7 days a week. Glad you could join us!"
Hi my name is Tuttie and I am an facebook over-user.  *tears*
When I was in labor with my baby girl (09/18/2010) I had the presence of mind to update my status in between contractions...and post a dua request on du'a request line.  Followed by an update afterward.

Last night I had a splitting migraine and I had puked my guts out and I couldn't sit in front of my computer to update my status to let y'all know so I used my cell.  It didn't help my migraine staring at a small screen in the dark around 2 AM but I did it.

OH GAWD! I need help!  dang facebook is more addictive than crack...    So yeah I think I may have a problem.


ps. imagine how awesome my iman would be if use this level of commitment and memorized the Qur'an? I suck.

8 comments:

Kaighla said...

Ha ha ha! More addictive than crack, fo sho. That is why I deleted my account, girl. Toooo much. And I totally agree about the whole "what am I using my time for? Allah or my nafs?" you are preachin to the choir!

♥ααℓiα♥ said...

HAHA i love the pic!! Hmmm maybe u *do* have a problem =D

Stephanie said...

where'd you get that pic...it's hilarious, i wanna post it on fb if that's ok. i also have a real problem like the fact i'm sittin at work right now jonezin cuz i left my phone at home and i can't get on fb at work ;)

ZORRO said...

..now you know why I deleted my account!!! ..not just de-activate it.. but deleted every picture, every friend, every link, every post, every tag E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G!!! .. now when I feel the urge to go back.. I have nothing to go-back-for!! You should try it... you will feel an immense 'weight' lifting as you keep hitting 'delete' on every friend's account.. AAaaawwwhhhh... Alhamdulillah!! :D

.::Tuttie::. said...

@Stephanie. go ahead!

kakchik said...

It's addictive but I managed to control the urge to be online 24/7. I use FB solely for da'wah and reconnected with friends. I think you've done so many good things in FB but it would be good for you to rest a little bit.

kakchik

.::Tuttie::. said...

@Al. I sent you an email with my info. ;)

@Um Abdullah...i kinda make a living off facebook (pennies at the moment) but I have no one to blame but myself. I haven't put out any more products.

@Aalia. My lovely Aalia...I love keeping up with you besides your blog. :)

@Stephanie. GO for it gurl! share away.

@UmmUmarNY...ama be selfish but dang girl I miss you. miss you a lot. don't know how else to keep in touch with you. (BTW don't listen to me and get hooked on crack again)

@Ati. LOL! you have it under control then. :)

@Candice. yup we do but with 2 kids I use it to 'keep in touch' with the world.

Aabida said...

What a great post! Soo true the points made.

Followers