August 13, 2010

Ramadan Day 2

As Salaamu Aalaykum!
the grumpy who-will-not-be-named was in an upset mood and nearly made me lose my temper yesterday.  ALhamdulillah I was unable to fight back because apparently fasting makes me mellow. Go figure.  It spikes some people's anger and it quells mine.  I had a lot of time to reflect on where my life has lead me to, a couple of years ago the mere thought of religion or marriage made me sick to my belly, now apparently can't get enough of it.

I am also grateful that I am able to fast in my condition in the comfort of my home (technically my in laws) and receiving plenty of help with my toddler. DEAR LORD do they grow up fast! I mean he is just shooting up and leaving me with the nostalgia of when he was a bean, then a squash, finally a baby and then toddlerhood.  I mean its awesome seeing him grow and discover new things but, but, but, my baby is growing up.  He no longer a burrito (the kind you eat not the donkey) with the receiving blankets. He is a big boy now so he is demanding to be treated like one.  *tears*

SubhanaAllah every day he tests me by trying to impose his tiny will on me and assert his independence which is both cute and annoying.  

I am writing this while its my 3rd day of Ramadan so sorry for the lack of detail.


btw how many hours are you guys fasting? currently I am fasting for about 16 hrs.  You guys?

7 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

The fast here is about 16 hrs as well. So long, and it's been hot too!
I'm so glad that you have help with the little one, so you have a better chance of making it through the fasts. I didn't try fasting while pregnant, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I'm sure its hard at times.

AlabasterMuslim said...

Well when i start fasting, I'll be fasting um...about fourteen hours. wait, i think we are in the same time zone. how are u fasting 16 and i will only be fasting 14? Maybe you get up earlier than i plan to be. of course i am rounding to 6:00 because fajr comes in at 5:45am here...idk lol.

NeverEver said...

ya something like 15 or 16 here too

my niece is 3 now and my sister in law is feeling the SAME thing, :-P

CareMuslimah said...

Mashallah!! Fasting totally spikes my anger. Sigh. But may Allah grant us all patience inshallah.

I laughed forever at the burrito reference, I'm such a dork. It's just so funny to me how people are into eating "burritos", it's always gonna sound like "little donkeys" to me, even though I'll never reject one! (unless it's non-halal) lol

Great to know you're okay sis. Here Fajr is at 5:45am, and Iftar at 8:15pm. So that's... (pretends to do math in her head, when she's really counting fingers) Oh 18hrs. lol But I'm not awake for that long, I'm too lazy.

Keeping you in my duaas. Salam alaykum wa ramahtullah

Aman Organic Shop said...

Ramadan Mubarak, sister...

Ramadan here is about 16 hours as well..

I also would like to share with you, if you're thinking to give cards or goodies bags about Ramadan & Eid to neighbors, kids teachers, co-workers, local firefighters/police, and so on, please check out this new business runs by two sisters: www.zazzle.com/polkadotinks*

.::Tuttie::. said...

@Stacy. its not that bad if you prep properly and you are already in good health. Probably wouldn't work for someone with a medical condition or poor health.

@LovieDrea, NeverEver. YOU TOO! *yay, I don't feel so alone anymore!*

@Al. Fajr was starting at 4:39am here its now 4:43 am and iftar used to come in around 8:16ish (I was fasting here and there last month so I could be mixing iftar times) and its now around 7:56pm.

@CareMuslimah. LOL! it happens. I KNOW! I giggle every time someone mentions burrito and they actually mean food. (well technically one could eat a burrito)

@AmanOrganic. RAMADAN MUBARAK TO YOU TOO SIS! Is it your biz?

caraboska said...

We're starting at about 3:20 AM and ending right around 8:00 PM at the moment. I've missed Suhuur a couple of times already. Yesterday completely, today I got up in time at least to have some water. Alhamdulillah, am doing fine... Planning to have some Indian food tonight for Iftar :)

Followers