August 17, 2010

I think I may have caught the eye

Went to an iftar people found out I was fasting and I was overly praised.  Now, am having some weird issues and to boot now my tooth hurts like a mother crikey. No, it doesn't make any sense? I just wanted to use the word CRIKEY in a sentence.  Shoot me.  DEAR LORD IS THE PAIN BAD! OOO EMMM GEEEE!

Funny how I was on top of the world a couple of days ago and now am in the mud.  That's life I guess.  I need some cheering up peeps.  I have a fear that I can't share right now with y'all but I think it might come true because a lot of people may want it to come true.  That way if that calamity befalls me (inshaAllah it doesn't) they can say "I told you so."  This is why you shouldn't have fasted because of X,Y and Z.  Its like they are itching to say that and I am not referring to Muslims ONLY.  The naysayers said something along those lines back in 2008 and 2009 but alhamdulillah I pulled through stronger and healthier than when I started which is why they are keeping their traps shut right now.  However, misery indeed loves company and I already started hearing crap wrapped up neatly under "naseeha".

Is it really so difficult to accept that we have limitations? I know what I am good at and I know what I suck at. I have no problem with people being successful in areas that I suck at.  It's called diversity in life. Its Allah's blessings manifested differently for different people.  DEAR LORD MY TOOTH. Over and out people. over and out. MAKE DU'A FOR ME.

May Allah swt save me from the bad du'as of others, give me complete shifaa and resolve this matter in my favor. AMEEN.

[edit] the pain is making me delirious, how many other corny tooth jokes can you make?
  1. the tooth shall set you free!
  2. the tooth the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth
  3. YOU can't handle the tooth
  4. King Kong aint got nothing on me (yeah, nothing to do with the subject matter, just wanted to sneak some Denzel in)

9 comments:

Modest Style Guide said...

don't even worry about people there will always be sickos like "ner ner u told you so" when ever something bad happens, the thing is that who's to say things would be different if you followed their advice?
as for the tooth have u tried clove??.............................................................................................CRIKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

.::Tuttie::. said...

@awesome keenah. I should flip it on them I guess. The fast already started so I am going to have to try clove at iftar time inshaAllah. Although I am a super taster so am not so sure how I will handle overly fragrant clove. Gotta think about that.

CRIKEY!

oh and you forgot to give me a toothy corny joke. :(

Banana Anne said...

Ya ALLAH, please bless Tuttie and grant her a complete, speedy recovery, and please watch over her and her family always, Ya Wali! Ameen!

What time did the guy have to get his cavity filled?
Tooth-hurty. Yuk yuk yuk. :P

AlabasterMuslim said...

Salaamu Alaikum,
Just keep doing what you know you can do, like you said what you are GOOD at mashallah. Don't worry about what other people are saying, instead try to completely put it out of your mind. You know that ALlah swt takes care of you, so put all of your faith in Allah swt and you will be fine.

And then once again you can say HA! TOLD YOU SO! inshallah.

(btw, I'm not saying you DON'T have faith in allah swt, or that you've ever actually said HA! TOLD YOU SO! to someone lol)

May Allah swt keep you safe and your family safe, and may he keep away all fitnah and the evil eye. Ameeen!!

Iman (Lifes Balance Beam) said...

Ameen @ Banana anne Du'a

I can't stand it! that's why i'm sure to say "Mashaallah, Alhumdulilah" after i compliment, or some one is super happy, and i sincerely mean it because...well thats awesome! and when the sisters are happy, alhumdulilah i am too. say ur khuls inshaallah, and yeah sakeenas advice about the clove, try that... clove oil or u can rub it on the gum around ur tooth, and then sit it on ur tooth and bite down on it a little, inshaallah it helps!

CareMuslimah said...

Salam Sis. I'm sorry you're having health-issues, everything happens a certain way for a reason, and Allah knows best. May He guide you and help you see the good in every situation inshaAllah.

You're a very strong woman, Allah doesn't give us burden we cannot carry dear. I'll keep you in my duaas. Everything will be okay inshaAllah.

Ati said...

Assalamualaikum, Tuttie toothy!

hahaha..! What a coincident! I'm facing the same problem with you right now - toothache! It's horrible, I know. Went to a dentist on the first day of fasting. She told me my wisdom tooth need to be extracted. Then believe it or not, after several attempts, she failed! So now we started discussing on a minor surgery. Insya-Allah, will take place this coming Thursday. I am so scared!

And by the way, sis Sakeenah is correct, you can sooth your pain by sticking the clove to the affected area on your tooth. Don't worry, I read somewhere that if your intention of putting the clove in your mouth for the purpose of reducing the toothache (and not to eat), you can still fast the whole day. Islam makes it easy for the followers! Take care dear. I pray you get well soon. Update us on your progress!

.::Tuttie::. said...

YALL thanks for the du'as because it stopped HURTING! Alhamdulillah! Allahu Akbar. am doing some research right now and will be responding to comments in a bit.

She's Reaching said...

Salam aleikum sister, I'm also in a similar situation. First few days were great, then subhanAllah, could not continue fasting. Will re-start tomorrow inshAllah!!

Anyway, just wanted to say that it might help to always put mashaAllah after sentences like that so that we (your readers would) remember to say it, even if we forget. Also say it in conversation as a reminder for those listening. May Allah accept all our acts of worship and make it easier for us to worship Him.

Followers