April 19, 2010

I KNOW this is going to sound bad, BUT hear me out...

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I have two numbers.  One that I give to the people I trust and I tell them under no circumstance should they give my number to anyone.  If someone wants to contact me to tell them they (my friend) will pass their number to me.  If this cannot be avoided and someone WANTS my number and it is like someone I can't just say NO to than I give them my google voice #. They dial the Google voice # and my cell rings (make sure your voice message doesn't have your number on it and instead has a simple "can't answer the phone right now...." message).  Their numbers on my address book already have a *67 on it so my number is blocked when and if I have to return a call.  Also google voice gives me the option to change that number as often as I want so if someone becomes unbearable I can just make myself unreachable to them.

I know mean but you would not believe how incredibly rude and inconsiderate some people can be, not caring that each text or call they make costs you additional money.  My friend just got a $400 phone bill because a friend of hers couldn't take a hint about how much it was costing her.  This person joked that they would pay the bill, well the bill is here and this person is all "i wasn't serious."

Cell phones are for MY and MY FAMILY's convenience it does not give you rights over me or my time.

Phone number rant OVER.

Facebook rant begin...
A lot of my readers have befriended me on facebook and I have come to learn a lot about them and they are truly amazing, mashaAllah.  Some of you I can count as true friends now and I love keeping up with you guys away from my blog.  Although I do enjoy meeting some readers, I did noticed that I had a couple of stalkers on it and I had to prune my facebook.  I also get a lot of male friend requests, some the usual green card hunters but the majority are bona fide brothers with connections or flourishing businesses that can help me further my goals.  I would like to befriend them but my profile is only for sisters. and my bio brothers  SOOOO I decided to leave my current profile for business and befriend those bros, if they request me again (I am a lady after all and will not be begging them) and start a new one for the people I know and friends.  I need to think about my facebook security as well as my son's security since I tend to share a lot about my son (am his mother I can't help it).  

so now if I encounter that person like in the phone scenario I will just give them my biz profile and keep them away from my personal one.

PS. I prefer to just be honest from the beginning and save myself and the person trouble, however, it cannot always be done.  Like one of your inlaws wants to connect with you and saying straight up NO would damage the relationship I would rather keep relations by giving them the second # or second profile.  Diplomacy.

3 comments:

NtN said...

:-X I have the same phone set-up, except with skype. I think it's a really good plan for anyone who has chattier friends or who talks to people they don't know personally. It makes life so much easier!

AlabasterMuslim said...

Guess what!
I finally got a face book!
Yeeee!
Good idea about the number though. Wish I could have thought of that when I was having my own stalker issues!!
But I hope your stalkers leave you alone inshallah.

♥ααℓiα♥ said...

Asalaamu `alaikum

Hey Tuttie add me on ur new FB profile ok :-)

Followers