April 28, 2010

ATTENTION: This is a rant continued from FB

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

Maybe its because I am a convert and that I am a minority in the USA (not in my city though) but I never felt that I had to "integrate" in to anything.  Yeah, I learned English but that was just so I could talk to someone other than my brothers.  I think its called survival?

Anyway I am a fan of a couple of Muslim pages on facebook and this week seems to be INTEGRATION week.  All this talk about integrating in to the west and fitting in and what not got me upset.  FIT IN TO WHAT?  Have you been to the west? or are you preaching from the pulpit back home?  What is there to integrate with besides learning the language and some local manners? GEEZ. I can walk out of my apartment and basically meet a person from every frigging country!  My college is nearby and they even had students from countries I have never heard of before nor can I point them out in a map.  God only knows how many religions are practiced in America and they do it more or less without a hitch.  Look at the AMISH, they get on just fine and they are way more different to the "western life style" than are Muslims. SO GET OVER IT!  You are special but NOT THAT special hunny bunny.  You are ONE person in a sea of 1.22 billion Muslims. SO be you, because no one else is doing it.

I feel like am in high school and am apparently a member of the geek squad and we are hoping people like us to validate ourselves and based our SELF-esteem (keyword SELF) on their opinion of us. How childish does that sound?  What is so wrong about being YOU?  Who else can you possibly be if not for YOU?  I can tell you that it is a given that there will ALWAYS be people who will hate your guts without ever getting to know you or even seeing you.  So what is the big deal?


My advice? GROW SOME GONADS,

1 comment:

♥Tiffany Nicole♥ said...

I thought this WAS fb for a second & was looking for the "like" button...lol.

I was born here in the States & have never really fit in (yes, I know shocking right? Seeing how awesome I am but, it's true..lol =) so how that for integrating =)

I just continue to do me & I admire other people who do the same.
Good one Mar!

Followers