April 27, 2010

ah, to be rich...

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I had a high school teacher Mr. Perez once tell me that if you are rich and crazy its called being eccentric but if the same person was poor and crazy they would just be called crazy old man (fill in the blank).  10 years later and I still remember that lesson. I hope that makes my teacher proud :)

Anyway, I was watching the biography of my favorite actress ever (not gonna share because of what I am about to say next) when one of the reporters/commentators says "and then (famous, rich, leading man actor) approached her (my fave actress) and told her I will father your children" the commentator than swoons and says "isn't that the most romantic, awesome pick up line EVER?" 

ummm. NO!  It is dang creepy.  Its creepy as heck! Specially if this is said immediately after meeting each other. I mean if you take a poor Joe Shmoe and have him say the same thing he would get hit with a restraining order and a case of sexual harassment before he is even finished with the sentence.  FYI the leading man actor is 25 years older than the actress who at the time was 25 or so years old.

Funny how money changes perceptions.  Now this is ALLEGEDLY meaning it is a possibility he never said any such thing.  But what I am criticizing is not wheter HE actually said it but rather the commentator's take on it.  Because she is the one that thinks this is romantic.

DISCLAIMER: My fave actress is now happily married for many years to the actor who allegedly said this.  Remember that the criticism is not on the couple but rather the commentator who claims the actor said it.

2 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Ew lol. I mean, if I had heard my husband say that I'd say, ok what are you waiting for? If someone else said it I'd slap them and run away.

I love coffee said...

Is it Catherine Zeta Jones? *wink*

Followers