March 28, 2010

Random: Good Living

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I made one of my favorite dishes of ALL TIME, papa a la Huancaina (beyond good) and I made extra sauce so I can add it to everything. This whole week I wanted Peruvian food and some of it I can do like the dish below, and others are way too complicated. There is one drink I like (totally addicted to it) but it takes 6 hours to make! 6 hours! geez. I rather pay the high premium and have someone else do it for me.

This is what it looked like(sorta). Picture courtesy of aPeaceofCake. yum.

The other dish is a sopa de mariscos (translates to seafood soup) but don't be fooled, it is the best soup ever. Peruvians truly know their seafood mashaAllah. I have no idea how they make it but you smack your lips and that soup is just creamy. Honestly I am NOT a fan of seafood but this soup totally changed that. I used to get it from this one restaurant 40 minutes away (you could tell how good it is because I was willing to drive each way 40 mins) but turns out they add wine to one of their soups and I can't remember which one. You see there is also another soup by a different name that also translates to seafood soup. I honestly can't remember which one it is and therefore I had to abandon it.

The soup takes about 2 hours of preparation and another 2 hours of cooking (if you are an expert) so attempting it will just be a total failure. I suck at cooking seafood and have failed at simple soups so you can see where that can end up.
This is what it sorta looks like. I WANT IT SOO BAD!

2 comments:

NtN said...

That looks really good. I see squid and shrimp, what else is in it?

Gabby Hijabi said...

Yumm.. i have eaten it at a restaurant before and it is so good especially with tapatio and lime.. i ate garlic shrimp for dinner but this sounds so much yummier!!

Followers