March 19, 2010

Nanny Cam HORROR **CHILD ABUSE WARNING**

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

*****************************
Graphic
Again if you can't read about domestic and child abuse please DON'T read further.
******************************
In the video Channel 4's Diane Cho called disturbing to watch, the baby can be seen picked up violently and slung by his arms into a playpen. Minutes later, the babysitter kicks a bouncy ball the child is playing with at the boy, then picks up the ball and hurls it at the baby's head so hard, it knocks him over.Later, the babysitter can be seen slapping the boy on the back of the head so hard he falls over.Toward the end of the 9-minute video, it appears the babysitter got mad while trying to put socks on the child. According to the arrest report, Campbell swatted the boy 11 times, then kicked him.
Read more here.... picture also from News4Jax
My biggest fear is that something like this MIGHT happen to my son. I honestly don't know if I would be able to control my rage, because lets face it I have A LOT of rage from what happened to me as a kid and I don't think I can handle my son being abused. I am blessed and very grateful (alhamdulillah) that I am able to stay home and raise my son. I think I would be a sucky employee because I will be wondering about my son's well being. To date my son has only been in my care/hubs care or his grandparents since birth and I honestly don't trust anyone else enough to leave them with the amanah of taking care of my son. NO ONE but my husband and I change his diapers (not even the grandparents) and we DON'T change him in front of people. I think he is a person (duh) and deserves privacy and respect like anyone else. I think children are born on fitra and it is the parents/ care takers who destroy it. Why not preserve it? kwim.

this does make it a little hard on me and hubs because we have to re arrange our lives so that it is possible for us to be available to my son as much as possible . But isn't that what being a parent is all about? I mean children aren't meant to just be convenient little dolls that fit so nicely in to our schedule. It takes work and I believe you put in the time NOW and build a relationship so you have a strong foundation when they are older or you put it in LATER when the child is older and more prone to be set in their ways and be influenced more by friends than the parents. So you choose, we personally believe it is easier now.

Anyway, I feel for the father he said he was grateful he didn't see the tape right away because if he had he might have been the one sitting in jail and not the sitter. I can only imagine the number of frustrated nannies that take their anger of their personal lives or their dealings with the child's parents. May Allah swt protect all the children from ALL evil ameen. I also started wondering about the Gulf and the Middle East where I hear abuse of the help is very common. How many of these people decide to get even with their employers children? *shudder* ALL CHILDREN ARE INNOCENT and do not deserve this kind of harsh treatment. IF adults have issues with other adults TAKE IT OUT ON THE ADULTS and leave the children out of it.

I hope the injuries this nanny inflicted on the 11 month old are not permanent as I know that head injuries can lead to convulsions later on in life.

PLEASE DO BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ANYONE WHO WILL BE IN CONTACT WITH YOUR CHILDREN IN YOUR ABSENCE.

IF THERE IS ANYTHING SUSPICIOUS REPORT IT TO THE AUTHORITIES EVEN IF YOU THINK ITS NOT IMPORTANT NOR RELEVANT. It may just make another parent who is looking for someone to take care of their child to think twice about hiring this person. You may just save the innocence of a child. REMEMBER that everyone begins with a clean record and if you don't report it and other parents don't report it who are you protecting? the perpetrator or the children?

ps. DON'T be swayed by the person's religion because Allah swt says in the Qur'an
O you who believe! stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kindred, and whether it be against rich or poor: For Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts of your hearts, lest you swerve, and if you distort justice or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do. (Quran 4: 135)
So there are NO excuses
STAND UP FOR JUSTICE!

2 comments:

Sweet Escape said...

Oh my I watched the video and it was very disturbing. That is one cold hearted lady.

Hajar said...

For the past few weeks I've been reading news similar to these in our local newspapers. Honestly, how can people resort to such tyrannical acts upon a young innocent being? None of the perpetrators have a remorseful expression, and I find it hard to believe they gain satisfactions from these maniacal behaviors. May Allah S.W.T protect our little ones from these people.

Followers