March 24, 2010

Fringe me heart you.

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I love talking to people specially children because of their active imagination. Before life beats them down and tells them what is real and not or how they should behave according to some arbitrary social rules. It is the same reason why I love to read books because they are a window to the mind of the author as well as their imagination.

The same can be said about television and movies but in a more direct way since the director basically lets you know how he sees the world via his product (the tv series or the movie). Which is why certain programs intrigued and tickle my inner child. Oh, and my inner child is a nerd hence my new TV/via the internet obsession, its called Fringe (at least the first season, still watching the 2nd). I love biology and I always had what if questions, what would happen if you run this experiment but omit this or add something else (like in a mad scientist kinda way).

This show gives me just that and is therefore frigging AWESOME. Most of it is science fiction and they take all these what if scenarios and run with it like going through solids, teleportation or other similar ideas that are THEORETICALLY possible but never been tested, proven or the experiment failed. Some of the things done on the show go through incredible or nearly impossible things like walking through solid mass and when they do break the laws of physics they pay a heavy, heavy price. Which makes me think that nearly everything we think as impossible is only so because we don't have the knowledge of how to do it (which is knowledge of the unseen). We know people will be resurrected from the dead yet it is hard for our minds to wrap around the idea. Even though human beings got a demonstration (that we know of, there could have been more) when Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was granted permission to bring back people from the dead.

Not that knowing that kind of knowledge would be even comprehensible or even beneficial. Anyway one of the things they said was "Myth is only an unproven fact." And even if we did achieve a fraction of those abilities we would still crave more until eventually we would do or invent something so horrific (kinda like in the show) that will threatened our very existence and probably destroy our humanity by performing unethical experiments.
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 446:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd:
I heard Ibn Az-Zubair who was on the pulpit at Mecca, delivering a sermon, saying, "O men! The Prophet used to say, "If the son of Adam were given a valley full of gold, he would love to have a second one; and if he were given the second one, he would love to have a third, for nothing fills the belly of Adam's son except dust. And Allah forgives he who repents to Him." Ubai said, "We considered this as a saying from the Qur'an till the Sura (beginning with) 'The mutual rivalry for piling up of worldly things diverts you..' (102.1) was revealed."

Obviously I put a lot of thought in to the show but that is because I find it entertaining, NOT because it is some kinda of gospel. It satisfies my imagination although I still think books are better. I take it for what it is science fiction and very entertaining but maybe I should spend my free time doing more productive things. Allahuaalem.

ps. this show is science fiction.

  • btw animals some animals CAN come back to life after their cells FREEZE. subhanaAllah.
Frogs from temperate climates hibernate through the winter, and 4 species are known to freeze during this time, most notably Rana sylvatica.[36]
so just because we haven't seen it on a first hand account does not mean it hasn't happened or it doesn't exist. This I find mind blowing.

1 comment:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

My husband is obsessed with this show right now! I've watched a few episodes with him, and have to agree that its pretty cool.

Followers