February 13, 2010

Tis a bakeoff!

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I just wanted to share this with you all, tomorrow is a bake off being held at a friends house. The rules: The husbands will bake something from scratch WITHOUT the help of any women and that includes (mothers, daughters, wives, sisters etc.). MUST be from scratch no pre packaged stuff.

so some man on man baking! Iron cheff?

The sisters will judge the winner by tasting the baked goods and for some reason they all seem thrilled. I am thinking "who wants food poisoning?" Apparently the sistas do. Anyway there are a couple of husbands on board including mine! So yeah I will be subjecting myself to some questionable cooking. I trust hubs though he is a good cook, am more worried about the other dudes.

Anyway I am thrilled just to be there and see them sweat in the kitchen with a timer and me yelling "you are running out of time!" Am sadistic like that. I think I may recruit some sisters to join my heckling team.


edit: someone punked out, am not snitching am just saying.

4 comments:

Jaz said...

that sounds so fun!

NtN said...

That is the greatest thing EVER!!!

Rubber said...

lol.
sounds fun.

safaona said...

Some men are great cooks and bakers, mine makes the best katayef.

Followers