February 12, 2010

If I was a movie director

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I would SUCK eternally, Yup I would and I'll tell you why and how later. I am currently watching The Legend of the Seeker loosely based on The Sword of Truth book series. Based on some of the comments under the videos I keep reading that the tv series has butchered the book so I intend on reading the books to see whats up. Anyway I started watching the show midway through the second season so I went back and watched it from season 1 and I like it.

One of the things that bug me and fascinate me are the Mord Sith an elite group of women warriors created to defend the master of D'Hara, Lord Rahl, (the bad guy) from creatures or people with magic. A Mord-Sith has the unique ability to capture others' magic and use it against them. SOO the smart thing to do is to NOT use magic when fighting a mord sith and this creates (in my opinion) some comical moments when the wizards are scared to do anything because magic can't be used on them. In the mean time am wondering why can't they just manipulate the surroundings? Like cast a spell that picks up all the rocks in the vicinity and smashes the mord sith as you run for the hills. Because technically the magic is being used on an OBJECT.

and that my friends is why I would SUCK as a director. My movies would have NO drama and more direct action. Like instead of having a fight scene of 1000 d'haran soldiers against the main character (Richard Cypher who btw is Australian) I would use the wizard to stop the soldiers in their tracks (freeze them) and Richard Cypher aka the Seeker can then just stab them in the heart and move on. Mission accomplished. Or when the bad guys are trying to 'kill' someone they delay it SOOO much that it makes it so easy for the hero to save the damsel. I mean just DO IT already! All the threats and crap just get it over with it. I think my style would be realism and it would tank in the box office.

I mean I get the embellishments but sometimes wouldn't it be easier to use a sniper (arrow sniper perhaps?) to get rid of the bad guy? or instead of traveling thousands of miles away use the wizard to transport you there? I watch the shows and I see shortcuts that can be taken ALL the time but the main characters seem to go about the long way.

ps. I also happen to be the person in the theater watching a horror movie screaming "WHY would you go down the embankment into a abandoned building and through a cemetery? you deserve to die for being stupid!" and am a JOY to be around when watching action movies too.

3 comments:

Amira said...

Haha glad I'm not the only one. Seriously I think sometimes directors just omit common sense

LK said...

That show is sooooo entertaining. Awful but entertaining. You might like BBC's Robin Hood :)

.::Tuttie::. said...

@for some reason am in to some xena warrior princess/ hercules / some mythical creature and sprinkle in some 'magic' for now. Before it was documentaries. I go through stages so I LOVE suggestions.

Followers