February 2, 2010

Do you ever wonder...

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I am calm now and have gotten over my little drama skit with the douche king. Alhamdulillah. I have A LOT to share but I will space it out as it is VERY personal. In the mean time I was wondering if you guys ever ask yourself what will happen to your blog once you are gone?

Like you were to pass away right now without being able to edit your blog or to delete it.

What about all the things you said? right or wrong. What if they are used against you as evidence of your backbiting, lying, stretching the truth etc.? What then?

I was sitting here thinking that people used to doubt that Allah swt will play our lives before our very eyes and question us about what we did or didn't do. We now have movies so we don't doubt this anymore. I read a hadith about how we will be questioned for the things our tongues said but, what about what our fingers typed? Our body parts will testify against us so what will our fingers say?

Am just saying. Has it ever crossed your mind?

ps. no am not high. Although those pain meds are SOOOO tempting. They are saying "come hither my darling, let me show you a good time." Yes in my head they are from the 1920's.

4 comments:

Mimisha said...

I have been thinking about this a lot be4 and still do it from time 2 time. It makes me be more carefull what to post on Fb and here 2.
Though i still ponder if i should remove all pics of living creatures or not.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

That is something I consider too. I am trying especially to be kind and considerate of others thoughts, even if I disagree with them. I don't want to be the cause of someone being driven away from God because of something careless I wrote.

AlabasterMuslim said...

Do you ever wonder? Man, what song is that from? It keeps going around and around in my head in this weird man voice. wth? Lol.
Yeah i've thought about what happened to my blog later in life. Actually, I think - if i die right now, would anyone on blogger ever know? Or would they think I just left?
I guess people would find out, some people on here have my phone number and i'm sure someone would reply being like "uh, she's dead". Authu Billah!
So glad you're back to posting, I missed you!

Candice said...

I've thought about it before... The first time I thought about it, it made me think about how my parents would feel about my beliefs if they fell upon it. And so I added a post about loving my family. And a bit after, I became more honest (even if that's not always what people want to hear) so that a more complete picture and representation was out there.

I think that yes, we will be asked about things we typed as much as things we said. I apply the same rules online as I do in real life so I feel comfortable with my online interactions. I make mistakes, but I try to be kind and understanding..

It's weird to think about if online buddies would find out if I died. I think it would get to my blog... My husband knows about it and also has my passwords. And the one for Facebook too, and I have a couple bloggers on my Facebook so it would surely come out.

Followers