February 6, 2010

the big two five

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

I never much cared for birfdays (yes B-I-R-F-D-A-Y) but in about 5-6 months am going to be 25. Two and half decades, a quarter of a century. in other words dang. I never considered my age because I don't believe in age based in time I believe more in the biological age. I am not sure what it is called but it is what your age is REALLY like depending on your habits and what you have done to your body like smoking, drinking or even illnesses. But any who I started thinking about the number as it is approaching and if I will feel any different once its here.

Why? my friends who have turned 25 or are already 30 are freaking out. I think they should freak out at the fact they don't work out and have poor eating habits. Genetics alone is not going to help you out. Because I have seen some 50+ year old women who are HOT, HOT, HOT and some not so cute 20 year olds (and am in a college town).

Anyone understand my ramblings?

6 comments:

LK said...

Totally agree. Your age "shows" often because of habits not actual age.

Eh I turned 25 a few months ago. Its not so bad :)

Candice said...

Yeah, I'd rather just focus on what I am than a number. I just want to be healthy and mature and wise. I haven't gone through any big numbers though... Didn't care about "sweet 16", adult (aka drinking) age - 18, and I had other things at 20 like my daughter being born. Now I'm 23 and 25 kind of feels like nothing interesting. Maybe 30 will be shocking a little but I'll see when I get there! If I'm feeling good and doing good then I shouldn't feel like I'm losing anything! So you're totally right.

kakchik said...

Assalamualaikum Tuttie.
For me, age is nothing except that how wiser and how pious you turn to every time your age increase?
This year I'll be 36, more than 10 years older than you. Physically I still look and feel as if I'm in my twenties, lol but I always remember that I'm getting older.
I want to be wiser and closer to Allah.

R2theM said...

I know exactly what you mean. My MIL was 50, but had the skin of a 30 year old. My mother was 40, but had the appearance of a 50 year old.

If we take care of our bodies, we'll see good results for the better. Good diet, exercise, sleeping habits count for a lot more than just 'good genes'.

I make dua that I'll look half as good as my MIL at her age.

AlabasterMuslim said...

Don't worry. I'm 17 and understand what you're talking about.
OMG. I'm 18. See what I mean? I'm already losing my memory. lol jk but seriously, authu billah.
My grandmother is over 75, looks fifty, is in pretty good shape and still drives and works. She rocks! Oh, she's the one who has your name, remember? I think I told you about that. Maybe its the name.

♥Tiffany Nicole♥ said...

lol...Birfday Girl...I freaked out at 31...I kept still saying I'm 30 & my daughter kept telling me "mom your lying, your 31"...lol
Just what I needed...a 12 year old to put me in my place!

So yeah I don't think the # matters either it's all about how you take care of yourself & how you act( I def don't act like Im 31..I'm just responsible like one..lol)...I was in esthetics school with a girls face that looked 42 but she was 26....a drinker & meth user.

Followers