January 5, 2010

Prayers and Brain Dump


In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

About the car accident, alhamdulillah nothing seems broken or out of place just a REALLY sore back. Any-who I wanted to share with you guys that this accident has helped me out with my prayers. YUP. I get TOTAL pain relief when I am doing the motions of prayer (sujuud, rukuu and standing up straight) subhanaAllah. So guess who is the first one praying when the athan goes off? guess who is becoming very committed to her sunan? or to nawafil?
ME!
I have been very consistent with my prayers both my obligatory and my sunan but before I used to get that little voice who would tell me "you don't gotta do this, just do your obligatory" well now suck it NAFS!!

You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now
You're not the boss of me now
And you're not so big

I had dabbled with voluntary prayers before but wasn't much in keeping up with them. Now I am. Also I have been practicing "brain dump" which means that before prayer I take out a little notebook and write down whatever is on my mind at the moment and date them. This way I have less stuff distracting me from prayers. wa salaam!

Ps. if you are hearing voices in your head you might want to have that checked out...am just saying.

4 comments:

Jaz said...

You're praying is helping you physically, that's great!

And I hope you feel much better soon!

Banana Anne said...

Can I get a SUBHANALLAH!!!

Masha'Allah, this is great news. Insha'Allah I will be motivated enough to pray more sunnah prayers (right now I usually just do the ones after fajr and maghrib, and witr).

Rubber said...

what can i say:
Allahuakbar!

Sarah said...

Salam,
just checkin out your page... never heard the brain dump idea.. love it!

Followers