December 5, 2009

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Hijab

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

So I am part of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Hijab, alhamdulillah, organized by sister Hijabee and made AWESOME by the contributors. So this is how it goes down,
  1. Hijab was chosen by a group of sisters
  2. hijab is then mailed to the next sister on the list who wears it and writes about it in this super cool journal. Takes a pic and includes a tidbit about her city and possibly a postcard.
  3. the hijab is then mailed to the next sister on the list and the cycle repeats itself
SO I AM THE SISTER ON THE LIST RIGHT NOW!!! and I have been wearing it while I study my tajweed! MashaAllah the sisters are REALLY good at the journal I am actually embarrassed at my lack of arts and crafts skills. *hides face in shame*

It is a tough act to beat one sister even include loose silk flower petals. Talk about creative. mashaAllah. I felt so GIDDY when I heard my package had arrived, ripped it open and was in awe at the beautiful hijab and then was left speechless when I went through the journal all the messages of support and love. I love you guys! all my Muslim sisters.

after this week I will have to mail it to the next sister inshaAllah.

[EDIT]
UPDATE: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Hijab has a blog that is opened to all sisters. The blog is private, so if you'd like to join please send an email to heejabee@gmail.com or sisterhood.online@gmail.com The sisterhood is opened to all sisters regardless of where they live. You can participate in the game if you live in America, Europe, Asia or Africa! So, please email me if you're interested. The more, the merrier!

-=taken from Hijabee's blog

7 comments:

Sweet said...

MashaAllah, that's a fabulous idea. Have fun.

LovieDrea said...

As salam Alaykum! that's so cool!! I loved that movie sisterhood

hispanic muslimah said...

that is awesome!!
i would love to be part of something like that.

.::Tuttie::. said...

you can! just email sister hijabee I just added more info to the post.

Kiddy said...

You guys have such fun together,Christian women are always competing and comparing.Have fun Muslim girls!

ahmedmisry said...

Good luck in Islam

ahmedmisry said...

Good luck in Islam

Followers