December 23, 2009

Privacy Tutorial and Clumsy Muslims

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم


I value my privacy and I have multiple email accounts that I use for different things. For example I have an email acct for MSN (recently although I barely use it), another linked to this blog and facebook, one for every business I have, a private acct that 2 or 3 of you know as well as friends and family and I have another for joining websites that might sell my information to spammers. So you can say I value my privacy A LOT and I get upset every time I get an email forwarded to me and I literally see HUNDREDS of emails before I reach the bottom of the email with the intended message.

You have just by passed mine and everyone else's security. I received a spam email forwarded by a sister and there were SOO many emails on it. SO that means that my email is outhere being forwarded by people. If I was a spammer you guys just gave me a nice list of "muslim" emails already compiled and ready to be sold to the highest bidder. Come on guys think before you forward things and use BCC (blind carbon copy) and address the email to yourself because...
The only recipient address that will be visible to all recipients is the one in the To: field. So, to keep maximum anonymity you can put your own address in the To: field and use Bcc: exclusively to address your message
Here is a nice article from about.com that you can read up on the topic. please. You have no idea the danger you might be putting fellow Muslims by forwarding questionable material and have such an easy compiled list readily available and can fall in to the wrong hands. And you know which ones am talking about.

This is the ACTUAL email I am referring to, you see all those blue lines? they are FULL of emails and you know what? it keeps going. I made the font small so I could fit the most amount on emails in this print screen and I still couldn't fit them all (and I have a large monitor). That is how many emails are in this ONE forwarded email before you even get to the actual message. I blurred the emails using a program so they are not readable but click on the image to make bigger and see what am talking about.

Now your email and the email of unsuspecting brothers and sisters are in some spammer's hands or worst. If someone comes knocking on your door or you find yourself added to a TSA no fly list this might be the reason why. Made my point?

Ps. My hubs once said that it is better to have a smart enemy than a stupid friend. Am beginning to understand him.

3 comments:

muslimah93 said...

Jazakillah for the advice! =) I'm confused though...what do you mean one email had so many emails on it? You mean one email address had many emails on it? =/

Muslimah said...

I know what you mean. I hate it when people do that especially when they add your first and last name to the email.

Anonymous said...

aww shucks u r amazing sis.
what to say
you put the h back in human
rubber

Followers