December 22, 2009

A Lesson from the Dogs

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

So as I was watching an episode of the Dog Whisperer with Cesar Milan (dude is latino! mashaallah) he gave me a nice little tidbit.

Dogs don't live in the past and they don't live in the future, they live in the NOW. Which makes their rehabilitation easy.

He went on about how we stress our animals and they are only responding out of our own anxieties. He also said that it is easy to change yourself if you live in the now and the transformation is easier. I am not implying that we shouldn't learn from our past or plan for our future just simply LIVE. What am saying is that we forget to live in the now and appreciate things for what they are.

SO I started looking at myself and realized that I do this all the time. I dwell in the past and I don't know when to pull the plug and disconnect from such horrible memories. I also look to far in to the future and get anxious (I have social anxiety) and terrify myself in to inaction.

In the end we are not promised tomorrow so why stress it? we have our provisions and if we didn't we wouldn't be alive to be worrying about it. SO in essence the Dog Whisperer has become my second shrink...after SuperNanny of course.

Cesar Milan with a GAWGEOUS pit.
I think this animal is just regal and beautiful.

If I ever get that farm I want the first animal am getting is a blue pitbull. This dog has my heart and I always wanted it but could never afford it. In the USA where we live in skyscrapers although it is illegal to discriminate against renters with pets it still happens. So I can't have one unless I have my own place. :( Which sucks but what can I do? Housing would be so limited and we have no place to put a gawgous puppy like the one below.

This is a Blue pit. Characterized by its dark grey fur to its blue to gray eyes.
isn't he cute? he is a little on the pudgy side but he is a baby after all.

This is what he would look like as an adult.
Absolutely B E A U T I F U L

PITS do have a bad rap but it is usually the dog owners fault or not being responsible when choosign a pet. A pit needs an assertive personality and unfortunately this dogs have been abused by people. So when getting a pit you need to know its history, family history and so on. You can check out http://badrap-blog.blogspot.com/ securing the future of the American Pit Bull terrier as a cherished family companion.

9 comments:

LK said...

SO CUTE! That puppy is so adorable!

Yeah pit bulls have a bad rap but some are nice. My old neighbors had a HUGE one but he loved me and was a big baby...to me at least :)

CareMuslimah said...

I think I love u..

you have no idea how much this post helped me today

Hope you're doing fine gorgeous!


Salam alaykum

Amber said...

I used to be one of those people who disliked the Pit breed, and thought we'd be better off if we let the breed die out, but then my best friend rescued a Pit that was going to be put down (she had a lot going against her at the shelter - she was born with only three legs, and her one back leg had issues with the bones so she had to have surgery so she could even use that one) and Penny's the sweetest dog ever. Another friend has since adopted two Pits, a male mix named Bingo, and a female named Miss Honey (she was rescued after being used as a breeding dog for dog fights). They are some of the nicest dogs I have ever met. They just *crave* love and attention, and we've never had any trouble with them.

While I still will probably never *have* one (I prefer 'wolf'y looking dogs like German Shepherds, Malamut, Akita, Huskies, etc. or cuddly hounds), I can now firmly blame the rednecks who own them for the troubles the breed has.

And I do love their big heads...there's just something about them... :)

*wanders off after random comment*

InsaneInTheMembrane said...

lol. i have a blue pitbull ( female)!

pit bulls DO get a bad rep.
and it sucks
My puppy ( i named her Kailani, mainly because i LOVE Hawaiian names)is one of the sweetest dogs you know. oh well.

Janny. said...

I found my soul mate and it's that gorgeous Blue Pit.

hispanic muslimah said...

I love the Dog Whiperer!! I always learn so much from Cesar even though I don't have a dog. I would like to give a family and home to a Great Dane. I'm such an animal lover I'd love a farm too...except I don't know how in the world I could pull it off. My mom was raised in el campo so I think the love of nature and animals comes from her.

AlabasterMuslim said...

My husband said he wants to get a pitt. For halal purposes. I told him if he gets one, i'll kill it. I won't, because its haraam, but if i could i would.


I have a cousin who was bit in the head by their pitt when she was three years old. So yeah, we don't mix, especially since I want children and if we do have a dog I don't want to have to worry any more than what is the norm.

Maryam said...

I'm terrified of dogs. Even that little puppy is so adorable, but he came near me, then I'd freak out!

Banana Anne said...

Masha'Allah, what a sweetie! I wish pit bulls didn't have such a bad reputation; as long as they have loving owners that handle them properly (which I'm sure you would do), they turn out fine Insha'Allah. If I was a dog, I think farm life would be the best!

Followers