December 14, 2009

I have a thing for Australians *dang*

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

yup. I have a thing for Australians that borders around obsessive compulsive to the 3rd power. I mean they are SOO cute! When I was in my 2nd year in college I was going to do a study abroad/exchange program in Australia and I had all these different colleges that were interested but when I did the math I would have been able to go to Australia but then I would have starved as that is as far as my money would have taken me. ah memories.

I wasn't going there to further my knowledge or to 'see' the world or not even because those naked guys from thunder from down under were popular at the time (Spanish TV LOVED them). Anyway, it was because of the kangaroos and the fauna in general. Am such a sucker. I AM STILL youtubing Kangaroo videos.

B E A U T I F U L ANIMALS! MashaAllah!

I believe it might be true :) For all you Australians, "you are welcome!"


I read these cute little critters could slice you with their claws and they spend most of their day "high" on some good eucalyptus leaves. They are still CUTE though. mashaAllah.

lol.

and I was VERY disappointed to find out that the Tazmanian devil I KNEW wasn't the real one. Tis was a sad day. The little critter is still cute though. Deadly but cute.

You know who I was crazy about meeting? Like Michael Jackson fan level of crazy? STEVE IRWIN aka the Crocodile Hunter! Crikey, mate! Oh man he was awesome. He had me believing I could do the same and wrangle things... maybe my pillow and pull off his accent. Both epic fails. I also decided to look in to the Queensland area of Oz to do the program.

It took me like a day to accept he was dead, like I refused to believe it and when my friends said a sting ray killed him then I KNEW they were BSing me. I mean there aren't any crocodiles in the ocean. liars.

But when I did accept it I watched as many sappy memorials for him as I could and I felt so bad for his wife and children. MashaAllah she loved him soo much she uprooted herself from America for him. I LOVED watching them together as they seemed so in love. I never met the dude but I still felt a sense of loss. I can't watch the crocodile hunter diaries any more. I know it sounds stupid but that is how I feel. SubhanaAllah I can't believe its been three years but I still can't bring myself to watch them.

"The only animals I'm not comfortable with are parrots, but I'm learning as I go. I'm getting better and better at 'em. I really am."
Steve Irwin (RIP)


11 comments:

Umaymah said...

lol...ur so cute sis!

you're welcome down under any time. :)

.::Tuttie::. said...

jazakallah khayr! btw I have never met an Australian in person. I think I would make a fool of myself going "crikey mate!"

Ange said...

lol. LOVE that boxing kangaroo shot. most people think they are cute little hoppity things until they stand up and you realise they are taller than us.

Modest Style Guide said...

koalas are deceptively heavy, im sending you a picture right now :)

AlabasterMuslim said...

OMG i love koala bears! Thats on my long list of animals i want to hang out with in Jannah inshallah! (ameen!)

I wonder how the turtles are there.


*teehee*

.::Tuttie::. said...

Sakeenah! MAJOR koala and kangaroo jealousy for me!

MASHALLAH! I think those pics are priceless mashaAllah. jazakallah khayr for sharing.

Sarah said...

salam aleikom, i love the pics! yeah Australia definitly is a place i would love to visit inshAllah. I read yesterday on BBC news that Koalas are suffering from their own form of AIDS virus and face extinction because of urban development :( :( :(

eyes serene said...

Assalamu alaikom,
Cute/funny pictures. Yeah, cute from a distance (thinking of that kangaroo kick pic!)

Modest Style Guide said...

really??? i better delete some stuff!! i get at least 60 junk mail in my in box and only about 10 if which actually go to the JUNK MAIL BOX!

NtN said...

Bring me with you!!!

.::Tuttie::. said...

@ sakeenah it went through! alhamdulillah!

Followers