December 4, 2009

Day 2 and 3 of Tajweed

In the name of Allah, compassionate & merciful بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
Peace be with you السلام عليكم

Day 2 was about Articulation Points of the Letters and unfortunately there is no way I can copy all of it because most are demonstrated by images where the tongue should be placed. It was the longest chapter EVER (sorry). You might as well buy a book on that one.






(source)
Day 3
The Noon sakinah and Tanween rules which I am still reviewing as it was a mouthful.

Definition of the Tanween: The tanween is a term for an extra noon saakinah not used for emphasis, found at the end of nouns when continuing the reading, but absent from the noun in the written form (the noon of the tanween is pronounced but not written), and abandoned in pronunciation when stopping. The tanween can be accompany a fathah, or a dhammah, or a kasrah.

yeah. this is going to be harder than I expected but VERY interesting and I am learning so much. I didn't think writing my notes was going to be so hard too as it has a lot of squiggly signs aka Arabic. so I apologize.

No comments:

Followers