November 26, 2009

whos fasting with me??


Today is the day of Arafah! Jazakallah khayr to Hispanic Muslimah for the reminder and the hadiths. May Allah swt accept reward you ameen.


"The ninth day of Dhul-Hijjah (the 12th and final month of the Islamic calendar) is the day of 'Arafah. It is the day when pilgrims stand on the plain of 'Arafah to pray. On this day, Muslims all over the world who do not witness the annual hajj should spend the day in fasting, in preparation for the three days festivity following 'Eid ul-Adha (the celebration marking the end of the hajj commemorating the Prophet Ibrâhîm's willingness of sacrifice).

Abû Hafsah, may Allâh be pleased with him, reported that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said:

"Fasting on the day of 'Arafah absolves the sins for two years: the previous year and the coming year, and fasting on 'ashûra, (the tenth day of Muharram) atones for the sins of previous years."

[Reported by all except al-Bukhârî and Tirmidhî]"

http://www.sunnahonline.com/library/hajj/0004.htm
So whos with me?

May Allah swt forgive us all for our sins and accept our prayers and fasting as complete. AMEEN. Can I get an ameen?

7 comments:

The reverts secret said...

Salam, im with you sis Ameen!

.::Tuttie::. said...

wa salaam sis.
Alhamdulillah you will be fasting today inshaAllah. I just had suhoor and am hyped up! o yeah!

By dhuhr though am pooped because my son is still nursing and it takes a lot out of me. So make dua for me!

Queen said...

salam tuttie fruity
i am fasting today and the person who reminded me was Muslimah in aus through her post, so May Allah accept her duas. I am already 5 hours into the fast and only 5 hours to go , so mashallah it is not long at all. Ameen to your prayers and remember to prayer for me to.

GTFrenzy said...

Ameen to your dua :)

Alhamdulillah, I'm fasting too!

Sweet said...

I am...
I will pray for you. Try to do as little running around as possible.

Maryam said...

Ameen!

Another faster over here.

I'm super hyped and feel so energized, despite my empty tummy.

Anonymous said...

salaam aleykum, im was fasting today too alhamdulillah! but our day was super short, from 7am to 3.32 pm. and i was working and felt little dizzy but didnt break my fast, im so happy! hope you all had nice day and happy eid!
nina

Followers