November 18, 2009

Talking to a sis

Because I am exploring what happened to me my iman fluctuates up and down. I felt really down today so I turned to a fellow convert sister just to hang out. Just talking to her and airing my feelings made me feel A LOT better. She understood me and gave me advice without being judgmental. She also mentioned something that I think is invaluable. She says that she keeps as friends as many older converts as possible. People that have been Muslim for 15+ years as they give her insight about things that she may be going through but has no experience dealing with.

I see the benefits in that. I have been Muslim for 3 years now and my friends have been Muslim for 8 and some for longer. I have benefited so much from them, May Allah swt reward them. Ameen.

So I am in search of older converts now :) That's my goal for the next 6 months, to make friends with as many as possible.

1 comment:

.::Tuttie::. said...

absolutely. yesterday I went to an event and it made me feel A LOT better. alhamdulillah.

Followers