November 30, 2009

Reality Check *ouch*

So I decided to memorize the whole Qur'an by next Ramadan which is about 255 days away and I came out with the enthusiasm of Rambo and with as much sensitivity. After talking to my Qur'an teacher I was told that there IS a method to the madness and that memorizing by verses is not a good idea. *blush*

I was given a set of books on Tajweed rules (part 1,2 and 3) a Juz Amma for the classroom junior level book and I already own several Qur'ans (one in SPANISH! with Arabic alongside it). SO instead of starting to memorize tomorrow I will be studying tajweed rules and revising the surahs I already know.

My teacher appreciates my enthusiasm but reeled me in gently. Oh yeah, who is this awesome teacher you may ask? hubs.

5 comments:

Umaymah said...

thats good to hear sis. my husband is my teacher too :)

take it one step at a time, small and consistent. May Allah help you and all of us...
aameen.

.::Tuttie::. said...

AMEEN!

Rayhaanah said...

Assalaamu 'alaykum,
mashaa Allah!i admire your dedication to memorising Al Qur'aan:D
May Allah grant you ease & joy throughout this amazing, deeply spiritual journey & crown all your wonderful efforts with acceptance, aameen!
*duaas & hugs*

AlabasterMuslim said...

My husband is my teacher too. Only when i get things wrong i cop and attitude and then he gets frustrated, so we don't get very far.

[well, this is only sometimes, a lot of the times we are fine hehe]

Candice said...

Good luck with your goal! I wish you so much success! :) Keep us updated on your progress.

Followers