November 6, 2009

for my baby

I created a private blog as a journal for my baby boy. Here is an excerpt from yesterday

Vertically Challenged
well today you are 1 year and 2 weeks old and you are still vertically challenged. Its ok, I still love you (fort the sake of Allah swt). Anyway I decided to go out today with my I mean YOUR new stroller :)



Originally I was going to a la leche league meeting but chickened out half a block from the house. Yeah. It was WAAAYYY too far for me. So instead I opted to take you around the city. I may have been discriminated against but I am not sure. I wanted to go in to a fabric shop to get niqab friendly fabrics and the guy wouldn't let me. It could be because I had a stroller or because of my niqab...not sure. Either way I got a free duah pass so it wasn't too bad.

I got a grilled chicken sandwich for baba and I ate it when I got home. Which was totally his fault. He was sleeping. You snooze you loose. You had one french fry which technically makes you an accomplice. We somehow got the sniffles and your dada isn't letting me hear the end of it. I am thinking of buying a camera and taking embarrassing pictures of you for future use. You never know when they can come in handy...maybe your teen years? Yup I am already preparing.
You think he'll like it? I am thinking of doing this instead of a baby book. InshAllah when he is older he will be able to read it and see what I went through to raise him (and make dua for me) and for him to admire the mercy of Allah swt that he survived. My husband and I are first time parents after all and he is our first child I mean mistakes happen. Its part of life. Part of the circle of life.

5 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

I think its great! I hope that Layla's not embarrassed by anything i have posted about here either. You should definitely go to a LLL meeting too. You should meet some really great ladies there who will hopefully accept you for who you are.

NtN said...

That sounds fantastic!!!

.::Tuttie::. said...

@ Noor i love my bugger. inshaAllah he will grow up to be a righteous pious young man. ameen.

@Stacy. InshaAllah they will, I heard its best to stay away from my particular lll group until you have lost some of your pregnancy weight because these women are (MASHALLAH) looking like super models soon after birth. It is really a downer. I was hesitant but figured. what the heck. what could possibly go wrong with me being a niqabi and them being gorgeous women?

AlabasterMuslim said...

I think your son would love it! But if you have any other children (INSHALLAH :D ) make sure you do the same for them!
My mother only did it for her first born, so while i loved reading the diary she kept for him, i also wanted one for myself!

Muslimah2Muslimah said...

Aww.. this is such a cute idea. I was trying to figure out how to do a baby book and I know I want to to put a few journal entries as well... I think your idea is awesome!

-Najwa

Followers