November 27, 2009

Controversy, Cold Shoulder and Baiting

In my 24 years of life I have discovered as many, many, many people have before me that for someone who seeks attention (of any kind whether it be to be famous or infamous) to be ignored is a fate (or punishment) worst than death.

I wish my fellow Muslims would pay heed to that in the up coming days. Remember that to follow someone is to support what they are doing and remember that unlike in the real world where we could explain ourselves and only a limited amount of people could see us (unless you are on TV or YouTube). In the virtual world, however, millions could see our affiliations and assume things. For example I have come across a couple of blogger sisters whom I hold in high regard following people who are less than reputable.

Now, I have given them as many excuses as I can but, I have to be honest and say that initially I was taken aback and unfortunately it took me a a while to regain my respect for them. (I am only human).

Remember that to an outcast there is nothing better than to continue to be harassed by the community as they can use that to further feel like the "victim" and to exploit us for their gain. Would [insert name of infamous writer here] book become a best seller if she hadn't received death threats and harassment? Would she have been featured on Vogue? or gone on so many talk shows? NO. She wouldn't have 'credibility' aka street cred. Remember that. Remember that.


DON'T SLANDER,
DON'T BACKBITE,

live and let live and make Duah
Ultimately Allah swt will judge between us
and most importantly
DON'T fall for the bait

6 comments:

Anti-social Muslimah said...

Hear, Hear!

EID Mubarak sis.

May Allah accept our sacrifices and make it a source of our success. May he shower us with his choicest blessing and enlighten our hearts and homes. May we be guided by our faith in Allah and shine in his divine blessing.

Ameen.

.::Tuttie::. said...

AMEEN sis and EID Mubarak to you too!

NtN said...

May Allah SWT grant us all tawfiq!

AlabasterMuslim said...

I hope its not me you think less of
*bitesnails*

anyway Eid Mubarak ehehhe

oh oh and tell your son Eid mubarak from me! :D

Anonymous said...

You are not kidding Tuttie!

.::Tuttie::. said...

@ Noor AMEEn.
@ Al not you sis. NEVER you. Eid MUBARAK!

Followers