November 28, 2009

am a cheeseball


For eid my local imax dome theater had the Journey to Mecca: In the Footsteps of Ibn Battuta and I cried. Yeah. I cried when I saw the Muslims go down for sujud in a massive congregation. Cried when I saw the fake line of caravans going to hajj. Cried when I saw the Kaaba (the recreated ancient one and the current one). You guys already know I don't cry easily but the waterworks were on overdrive.

I knew the whole thing was fake but just sitting in that huge dome feeling like you are there and seeing other Muslims doing what inshaallah I will be doing soon made me cry. Subhanaallah. They are MY people. The billion of Muslims who lived before me, the billions of Muslims who are currently alive (and some doing hajj) and the billions more to come and perform the same ritual. They are my community brought together by LA ILAHA ILA ALLAH. I just felt overwhelmed with love for all of them regardless of their denomination. I loved them all. May Allah swt continue to guide all of humanity to the truth and may Allah swt put love in my heart for those whom he loves ameen.



6 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

Ok, you know what tuttie. No more! I'm on my period and i'm about to cry! FOR REAL! LOL! I was choking up just reading what you are writing. I get like that- i'll say la ilaha ilallah and i'll start crying. haha

AlabasterMuslim said...

Oh and that is pretty cool that they would play that...very respectful in my opinion....showing notice to Eid subhanallah!

.::Tuttie::. said...

btw it wasn't that the movie was a deep movie or even in depth. I think it lasted less than an hour. It was the footage of the people as Muslims that got me.

Anonymous said...

AMEEN! AMEEN! AMEEN!

my imax theater had it too.

Stephanie said...

Aww sis, I always cry when I see videos of Muslims on hajj. Sometimes I cry when I hear the adhan or a particular surah beautifully recited. I know what your gettin at...

hispanic muslimah said...

I would have cried too :)
I would love to see that film on imax. I wonder if my local museum would consider it.

Followers