October 7, 2009

you probably heard by now

this is a rant. I posted this on facebook as a response to someone asking me why I wanted to slap Tantawi.

Reasons why I want to personally slap tantawi...maybe with a glove or a tree who knows.

REASONS:
first for yelling at a girl based on HIS interpretation. Secondly for bullying her to remove it based on HIS interpretation. Thirdly for making such a disparaging remark about the girls appearance and embarrassing her publicly. He had no right calling her ugly. That is a horrible thing to say to a teenager or anyone for that matter. Fourthly for doing such a disservice to the Muslim women who wear niqab by choice (me and others like me). Finally for the arrogance to say, that he knows Islam better and more thoroughly than this child, her teachers and those who gave her life."


If he is so upset why doesn't he pass a ruling saying it is forbidden to force a woman to wear it? why not pass legislation to help women who are forced to wear it? why not outlaw the coercion? why the garb? and in doing so punish the women who DO wear it by CHOICE.

Europe takes advantage of Egypt’s Tantawi niqab ban calls
Thanks to him he gave the Europeans motivation to ban the niqab you can read about it here

I like Yasir Qadhis response.
With Scholars Like These… – Yasir Qadhi on “Shaykh al-Azhar” Tantawi / Niqaab Incident

6 comments:

.::Tuttie::. said...

my excuse for him is that he is old and probably loosing it. Either way though I am angry on behalf of my sister in Islam

NtN said...

My excuse is that he probably feels a ton of pressure from the government. And he's old. And...err...I don't really have any other excuses. Wanna brainstorm others?

.::Tuttie::. said...

Maybe he had a bad day or a series of bad days. Maybe people were mean to him that day and the girl happened to be another person who he perceived as disrespecting him. Maybe...I can't think of any more.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

i don't know, but if I were you I would beat him with a niqab and then put it right back on!

AlabasterMuslim said...

I had no clue what you were talking about...had to read the article you linked in your post.
Mashallah, i do not know that girl but i am so proud of her for standing her ground. Even if she took it off she still stood her ground, she was really being forced to take it off even if not physically. May Allah reward her! ameen. And as for the dude who said it......well. he'll get his.

Sweet said...

This is just disgusting whatever the reason...why not take out whatever it was on a man who could punch him out at the least.

This girl will be traumatized for sure, and that's enough reason for Muslims to start looking at the impostors who say they are "practicing Islam".

Followers