October 19, 2009

istikhara

I am going to pray istikhara again and again and again. Everything seems to be falling in to place (inshaAllah), I spoke to a friend I hadn't spoken to in a LONG time and she is a FIT grad and basically walked me through the admissions process. YAY! My mom is super excited because she always did want me to take over her factory. Hubs has been encouraging me to do this for a long time so he is still on board. I am going to start working on my admissions app and essay tonight. I hope I could still get some financial aid but apparently FIT also has interest free payment plans. I am so stoked. I will still pray istikhara because I want to make sure this will be good for me. Most likely I will only take 1 or 2 classes at most at any given semester so as to not take too much time from my hubs and little dude. GUYS! make dua for me! Ya Allah, if this is what is best for me and my family in this life and in the hereafter please make it easy for me and let it happen. AMEEN.

Any advice from sisters (or anyone really except am used to saying sisters) who are married with small children and who have studied successfully? I would forever be thankful.


back to school

3 comments:

LK said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Best wishes and prayers all around for you that it will be wonderful. That school is so awesome! Sometimes I want to get a masters in fashion just to take classes there LOL

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

I really don't know how you're gonna do it habiibti, but you will. I am trying to figure out how I can go back to school too. It is a pretty daunting process with a husband and little one. First, be thankful to Allah that your mom and husband fully support what you're doing. Second, know that you have all these talents and the experience you do for a reason!

Iman (Lifes Balance Beam) said...

I am sooooooooooooo late to this post, but mashaallah!!! I Love it! I'm applying to FIT and FIDM as well!! Inshaallah i hope u got in, i'm so late on this post i duno if u announced it or not! either way may Allah make you successful in ANYTHING that you do inshaallah AMEEN!

Followers