October 15, 2009

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

Read about it HERE.
His argument is that children born from inter racial couples are not accepted by either race. I wonder if he thinks that by denying them a marriage license they wont have children? I think they will have children with or without the marriage certificate. Why not encourage marriage? We don't know if things will work out until we try it.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

Bardwell said he asks everyone who calls about marriage if they are a mixed race couple. If they are, he does not marry them, he said.

He goes on to say
"I've been a justice of the peace for 34 years and I don't think I've mistreated anybody," Bardwell said. "I've made some mistakes, but you have too. I didn't tell this couple they couldn't get married. I just told them I wouldn't do it."
What do you guys think?

5 comments:

Modest Style Guide said...

what a clown ass, seriously that's just ridiculous.

Mona Z said...

What an idiot. Where is he the 50's?

artfreakamalia is too lazy to sign in said...

That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. We are all human. We are all beautiful creations of God. Race is not an issue. Isn't there a Quranic verse that says something along the lines of "God has created you in different tribes, so that you may know each other" or something like that??? Wow. Some people are so racist.

AlabasterMuslim said...

So lame.
Interracial marriages rock. Because we are the ones who are able to think out side the box,and love others that come from different backgrounds.

Candice said...

That is just ridiculous! Gah, how frustrating to hear that there are people with these views out there!!

Followers