October 22, 2009

How time flies

I am here nostalgic and pissed off at the same time. It took me such a long time to put my son to sleep only to have my husbands cell phone go off and destroy all my work. My little dude is now awake playing with hubs cell, hubs is sleeping and yeah, I do know he doesn't like little dude playing with his cell. BUT OH WELL.

that and my little dude is now 1 year old. *tears* They DO grow up so fast. Where did my baby burrito go? (you know when you swaddle a kid in their receiving blanket) Where did my gummy bear go? (he now has 3 teeth and another on the way). Soon he will be off to college and getting married and NOT NEEDING HIS MOTHER! **waterworks** I do want him to be independent and confident but deep inside he is my little baby. I feel sorry for my son. If we are both alive when he is a teenager trying to go to school I will be that mother that runs after the kid and kisses him all over his face right infront of his friends. Yes. I know I must control myself. OH how they grow up so fast. ya Allah swt protect my son from the evils of this world and of the hereafter and protect him from my bad duas ameen.

*MUST buy a camera and take a gazillion pictures to remind myself of how cute and little he used to be. mashaallah. *tears*

8 comments:

Sarah said...

lool i know how you feel! yes letting them go sux...im very attached to my little hummus as well! (21 months) :) yeah his nickname is hummus (chickpea) because he loves chickpeas and his face reminds me of one...lool dont ask how its one of those only a mom could think of that kind of thing! ne ways inshaAllah i want to homeschool (partly because schools are not that great here, and partly because i want to stay close to him!) .

.::Tuttie::. said...

I am planning on homeschooling too. Do you have a plan yet? a method you like?

Sarah said...

i've read several books that interviewed families and their teaching styles- one lady was even blind and homeschooled both her kids!! subhanAllah! some families worked part time and still homeschooled. so it can be done, just have to be flexible. I have a good friend here, she homeschooled her kids mashAllah using a program funded by our province. i'm looking into that (since i know my math isnt tops!), and to also supplement with islamic textbooks and activities. I also look at blogs to get ideas. I'm thinking to go with the online program we have here and to add on more hands on activities :) then again it all depends inshaAllah where we will be living in the next 5 years..Allahu alim :)

Nikki said...

I never realized how close in age your son is to mine! Happy Birthday to your precious little one! We will hit the one year milestone in just over two weeks and I just cannot believe how fast the time has gone.

NtN said...

Aww, happy birthday to him! InshaAllah you can get tons and tons of pictures, especially the ones you can embarrass him (in a good way) with later :-P

May Allah SWT preserve him and keep him safe, ameen :)

.::Tuttie::. said...

I am holding back the tears. He took his first steps a while ago but seeing him do it again brought out the waterworks. I need to go hug him right now.

AlabasterMuslim said...

Aww Tuttie, I'm so happy you love your son so much. I'm sure that when your son grows up he'll let you do all those embarrassing things and smile in the thats-my-mother sort of way :D

Sarah said...

so what is you're homeschooling plan inshaAllah?

Followers