September 12, 2009

Ramadan Day 22

**IF you are a dude you probably don't want to continue reading, unless you are interested in the 'female condition'**

I decided today to do some major remodeling in our room and I moved all the furniture from one side of the room to the other and make more room for a crib. I still co sleep with my little dude but in the mornings when I want to sleep in late he wanders all over my room and swallows things. NO matter how much we vacuum or clean he will find something we missed and eat it. SOOOOOO we got a crib and I will use that in the mornings to contain him. I did this all by myself as hubster was away.

Life was groovy until 30 minutes before iftar I realize I hadn't prayed Asr and ran to the wudu and discovered aunt flow had arrived and broken my fast. WTH!! AHHHH!! OH WHYYY???? I was only short by 30 minutes!! by that point I had already fasted almost 14 HOURS! Now I have to make it up. I am upset right now. I hope that by me ranting I don't diminish my reward but AHHH! you would be upset too. I didn't eat anything and waited to eat at iftar time with everyone else. So upset right now. I need someone to cheer me up. Last 10 nights too :( Its early by 4 days too. I wonder what that is about.

I am still not done cleaning the stupid room and honestly before I started it looked like it had been ransacked but no, it was just us being lazy and messy. I was cleaning for 4hrs straight and I still have a lot of work to do tomorrow. argh!

2 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Ugh that's the worst! Definitely bad timing, but God does know best in the end :)

Anonymous said...

Same thing totally happened to me on the very first day of Ramadan! EXACT THING! It was so disheartening, but like Stacy said, God does know best and I agree... just took me a few hours to accept it (what? I am human) : )... You know what is comforting to me at this point? Is knowing that after Ramadan, nearly half of the World's Muslim community will make up for a week of fnot asting!!! :) I think it is nice to know that Muslim women everywhere will start to pay pack their fast together! Well, at least it would be nice if we all did it right after Ramadan, that would be an even better feeling... Anyways, you are not alone my dear!

Salam___ Stephanie

Followers