September 3, 2009

Ramadan Day 13

I memorized another verse today! Alhamdulillah! I got 9 down 74 more verses to go! I can't wait until I can actually recite surah Yasin without having to hum along to it. ;D

I broke my fast not too long ago and my mother in law made FIRNI! O God. I LOVE firni. For those not in the know it is simply rice with milk and coconuts, except my mother in law adds some more fruits and it is absolutely DIVINE! The image honestly doesn't do it justice.

I am more or less a nice person, I share, I love people, I love making dua for people, I give in sadaqa randomly through out the year, I fast, I pray extra prayers, I am even a peaceful person. That all changes with Firni. I want it all to myself no matter how large the batch she made. The not so nice part of me comes out and my flaws are all out there without any shame from my part. I become so stingy with it and I don't want to share PERIOD. I need to work on that as it is rather embarrassing. I have many flaws but this firni loving one is the most noticeable. I once told my husband how upset I was my MIL had made firni and then gave other people almost 3/4ths of the pot. He shared with my MIL and they all made fun of me for being so childish and I was just mortified that hubster would share that with her. Because not only was I being stingy but whiny too. GOD I LOVE FIRNI. I can't help it, the four year old in me who doesn't like to share comes out and embarrasses me. Gotta go get me some more firni because God forbid if someone beats me to it..

4 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

LOL. Wow Tuttie, i'm never going to try and take firni from you, okay? lol. (btw, thats a funny food name)

.::Tuttie::. said...

i know it is but it taste SOOO good. They could have called it crap on a stick and I would still love it.

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

That actually sounds really tasty. I love me some coconut!

he said...

lol...I was never a big fan of Firni. Judging by this post and the other one you posted today, I'm assuming that your in-laws are either Indian or Pakistani?

Followers