September 2, 2009

Ramadan Day 12

I technically missed suhoor today because the hubby didn't wake me up although some how he got me to chew one bite and drink a gulp of juice. I don't remember it too clearly but I have been burping all day remnants of that bite. eww. Despite that my hunger is just beginning to show up with 3 hours and some change before iftar time. I guess there was barakat in it because even when I follow my food regiment I still get hungry with 6+ hrs to go until iftar time. Alhamdulillah.

Little dude is just cruising through his first Ramadan he know can power crawl and apparently is dying to go in to dark areas and bathrooms. What's up with that? He does this fake outs when he makes me believe he is going in one direction and then suddenly changes and uses a spurt of energy to get to where he needs to go. It's upsetting because a 10 month old is kicking my butt. I can only imagine him in a couple of years...I may have early gray hair.

I also memorized ONE ayat today as little dude wouldn't give me time to myself. Alhamdulillah. I hadn't memorized in a while. I LOVE sura Yaseen, it makes my heart skip a beat, goosebumps and daydreams all in one. My favorite reciter for sura Yaseen is Ibrahim al-Jibreen (I thought he was Muhammad Al-Jibreen but apparently I was wrong). So far I have memorized 8 verses of yaseen. I can't wait to finally be able to recite it in full! Please make dua that I am able to memorize and understand it. ameen


Surah Yasin (recitation by Ibrahim al-Jibreen) @ Yahoo! Video

Isn't it just absolutely

B E A U T I F U L?

2 comments:

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Beautiful! Don't give up on your goals of memorizing it. You can do it InshaAllah!

Dedra said...

absolutely beautiful! Jazakallah'khair for posting that recitation! it made my day and a bit emotional as well!

Followers