September 18, 2009

Procrastination NO MORE!

I stupidly procrastinated calling my mom until 8 days after she called and I feel like the biggest idiot in the world. If you follow my blog you know the tortured relationship my mom and I have and lately she had been abusive over the phone so I naturally avoided her calls.

So I am talking to her awkwardly tonight trying to get her to vent and she drops a BOMB, make that three. Apparently my younger brother attempted to kill himself the other day by crashing his car and completely totaling it (it was uninsured and my brother is also medically uninsured). Alhamdulillah he is doing fine but my mom doesn't know what to do with him. My other brother (5 years younger than me) ignores both my mom and my youngest brother and is doing nothing to contribute to the fam.

My mom is struggling with finances and just divorced her husband. She said she didn't see the point in living, is behind on her rent, her life has not been what she expected (it's been a very sad, grief striken life) and was going to end it the other day. She was calling me for help. To say I feel like manure is an understatement.

I can't help her, both my husband and I are unemployed living with my inlaws. I am trying to launch my biz so I can provide for her but at the moment I have zilch, nada. Please keep us in your duas. please.

4 comments:

AlabasterMuslim said...

You will TOTALLY be in my prayers! have you tried making dawa to her? Or would that be impossible?

Dedra said...

oh oh dear sis... my precious tuttie frutie. I will keep you in my du'a. it might be about that dawah time though - Insha'allah, Allah will it easy on all of them.

Anonymous said...

look at Allah's plan.

Anonymous said...

what a turn around?
assume you never expected that at the time she tortured you emotionally?
times change. what a priceless example.

Followers