September 30, 2009

I want a tent

This is what we currently sleep on but in a queen/king size. It SUPER comfortable. At the moment though the wooden frame that converts to a sofa is in storage so we are sleeping on that small mattress on the floor.
We had a huge even more comfortable fluffy bed but we gave it up seeing that we co sleep with our little dude and he decides to wander once he wakes up. He fell a couple of times from our other bed so we decided to use this instead. NOW, I rearranged my furniture a couple of days back and moved the bed to the only place it fits without interfering with all the other stuff. However, there is a not so pleasant draft coming through the windows. My son has had 100-103 (Fahrenheit) fever these last two days and we can't risk him getting sicker. At the moment I made a makeshift tent similar to the one on the right but with no sand. Little dude thinks its awesome. Hubs hasn't seen it yet and I hope he doesn't rain on our parade. *(inshaAllah)*

I wanted to ask hubs if we could get a REAL tent to sleep in. It would totally be AWESOME! I need to prepare my sales pitch because I think my little dude and I would enjoy it. A LOT. Maybe me more than the little dude.



This is the bedroom set I want :)
watcha guys think?

11 comments:

Mona Z said...

That seems like it would so much fun!

Stacy aka Fahiima said...

Hope your hubby likes your tent! Your futon looks a lot like the one we got from Ikea. Its really comfortable and its nice too because the cover is washable.

.::Tuttie::. said...

@stacy. Thats where i got mine too.

Sarah said...

oh tents are soo much fun! we went camping this summer and our son loved it. hope your baby is feeling better soon inshaAllah

Sophia said...

That's a brilliant idea! I wonder if I can convince my husband to make a cushion fort with me and do something similar, lol!

I *LOVE* your background! ^_^

Kiddy said...

Poor little dude,I hope he is feeling better,but the truth of the matter is that he is ruining your marriage.Face it you do have a problem.

Kiddy said...

You know it.The little dude is totally controlling you too.It's all about him and in the process your hubby looses out,don't ruin your good marriage this way,you are neglecting him.
Children should have their own bedrooms and never sleep with their parents.

It's a custom in my country,that for sure parents and grandparents sleep with their children and grandchildren and it's not healthy.

.::Tuttie::. said...

he is 11 months and we are living in one bedroom with the inlaws, where else is he going to sleep? We have a crib but it really was putting a strained on both of us when he was younger and needed to nurse with frequency. Believe it or not co-sleeping has helped us in many ways beginning with bonding. Mothers have 9 months of bonding with the child, men don't.

It definitely helped build a relationship between my husband and our son. What you are saying can happen to people that don't have boundaries but we do. Plus my community is big on co-sleeping and I get my tips from them. I disagree about my son sleeping with the grandparents, hell no!

I agree with you though that children should have their own bedrooms or at least their own bed and Islam has rules for that. However, I think infants and 2 year olds should sleep with their parents SPECIALLY if they are still nursing. Islam recommends 2 years of nursing and once my little dude is done nursing we have an exit strategy that has worked for all my friends. I think its cruel to leave infants and 2 year olds by themselves. A three year old and upwards can understand a little bit better and they tend to be more independent too.

.::Tuttie::. said...

*by children I mean 3 years old and older.

ZORRO said...

I don't think it is such a far-fetched idea... Did you know there is a hotel in Vegas which charges $19 a night.... that's because there is no bed... only a tent!!!! LOL!!! ..so there you go!! Happy camping!! :D

.::Tuttie::. said...

@UMM! NO I DIDN'T! I shall research it and see if hubs will buy that. hehe. He looked at me like I was crazy and asked me, "you for realz?" heck yea am serious.

Followers