August 25, 2009

Ramadan Day 4

Quick update.
Alhamdulillah Day 4 went by quickly despite me not sleeping properly and my husband messing my routine up. Since I didn't follow my routine I began feeling discomfort earlier in the day but when the time for iftar came I was SOOO relieved as I was becoming sluggish due to my hunger. However, I was happy that he was with me and not 100 miles away. My favorite time of the day is iftar time. Not just because of the obvious but because that is one of the prescribed times when Allah swt grants duas. So I was making dua like crazy and inshaAllah making out like a bandit

My little dude is AGAIN fighting extreme eczema and his beautiful face is marked up again. May Allah swt give him complete shifaa. ameen. My mother in law is doing better (JazakAllah khayr for your duas).

Today I made intentions to extend an invitation to my brothers (19 and 16) to come to Islam but I chickened out. Usually I just give dawah and walk away but for some reason recently I keep seeing my brothers passing away and being tortured in their graves. It might have something to do with the 19 year old being in his 3rd car accident this year and walking away unscathed from an accident where his car flipped over. Or my 16 year old brother buying his first car. I need to tell them. I just don't know how. Should I just blurt it out, like what do you think of Islam? or do you want to become Muslim? I don't know. Any suggestions?

PS. If you see any of your brothers and sisters doing something that goes against Islam. Gently let them know (WITH PROOF) that there is something that is better and will get them more rewards (inshaAllah) or give them encouragement to practice it. Make dua for them. No need to kick someone in the gonads when they are down and make shaytan's job easier.

WE ARE ALL IN DIFFERENT STAGES OF IMAN

Dua has the power to change destiny (only the minor Qadr - not major ones such as the signs of the Day of Judgment) - Salman Farsi narrated that the Prophet said,

Dua turns away destiny and good deeds lengthen age (Tirmidhi).

2 comments:

Maryam said...

May Allah swt give you the patience and strength to share Islam with your bros. Ameen.

Ya know, you know your brothers better than any of us.

If it were me and my brothers, I would probably ask them their honest views on God, life, etc. That's where Islam seperates itself from other beliefs; with the belief of Tawheed- The oneness of God. Then I would bring up Islam, and get real their opinions on it.

Also, maybe not all at once, you can decided when is the best time, but I would give them a Quran. That's how a lot of ppl I know became Muslim-they just picked up a Quran, started reading, and were blown away.

Okay, that's enough for now.

You will definately be in my duas.

.::Tuttie::. said...

@ Maryam JazaKallah khayr. My youngest brother agrees with Islam but he wants to still be able to date. So I am presented with a dilemma of them becoming Muslim and not practicing. Although I think that the one sin Allah swt won't forgive is for us to associate partners with him. Maybe they become practicing later in life. See I just don't know how to approach it.

Followers