August 20, 2009

Helping out? or eliminating the competition?

I was talking to a friend of mine and the topic ended up on polygyny. I know polygyny is not a joking matter but we somehow ended up laughing until our sides hurt and my sore throat was worst.

Anyway one of the points I brought up that I heard from a neanderthal aka man, was that some men don't consider polygyny UNTIL us women bring it up. So I am like why the hell would a woman do that? I call bull on your story sir. He said that every man wants to feel like a hero and if there is a poor woman out there in need of help they want to 'rescue' her and become heroes. He also said that us women are the ones always talking about sister so and so who is such a good Muslim and can't find a good husband and her job treats her like crap and so does her cat.

So she goes like THAT IS SOO TRUE!! and its my brother in laws fault. I am confused, like WHAT? How did he enter this conversation as I am rolling in laughter. Apparently she has introduced most of her friends to her brother in law for marriage and he has turned them ALL down. One particular sister she took it hard and was ranting to her husband, "what's wrong with him? She is perfect! She is this and that and the answer to men's prayers." Well not exactly in those words but you guys get the drift. So her husband responds, "what if I..." Sister gives him a look of I am going to kill you if you say what I think you gonna say and she was right.

So she asked me this question, when we try to hook up our single friends are we REALLY doing it to help them? or are we eliminating the competition aka the damsel in distress?

5 comments:

Queen said...

Allah forgive me but that is something that I can't get my head around.

.::Tuttie::. said...

can't get your head around polygyny or helping a sister/eliminating competition?

Queen said...

Polygyny.....it hurts my head thinking about it, honestly I admire woman who are in this situation and are not as superficial as me!

AlabasterMuslim said...

Reading the blogs about polygamy makes me sick because its one of my biggest fears, even though i told my husband before we got married he can't have another wife. and he said ok. Ayeee it hurts my heart and those women who are in a polygamious relationship wow mashallah i admire their strength to endure something like that.

Minty'eema said...

Salam Alaykum Tuttie, sorry i am late to this conversation, and masha'Allah well written :). I will be following this blog..

being in plural marriage is only as hard as you make it.

Regards
minty

Followers